Very Important Info for Worried Well.....Pls Post Dr Bob

Hi Dr Bob,

After reading through your website, I came across some interesting info.

"if a person tests negative at the time that they are showing chronic, ongoing symptoms, that indicates that their symptoms are not AIDS-related. A person first shows positive on the test (by six months after infection), and then later shows symptoms (an average of 10 years after infection). So if a person tests negative at the time that they're showing symptoms, that indicates that the symptoms are not AIDS-related."

So this basically means that people who say they are experiencing "symptoms" for months or even years and keep testing negative obviously don't have the disease. Also I note that information provided states that there are no symptoms specific for HIV. This means having a white tongue, dry mouth, mouth sores, diarrhoea, rash, sore joints, fever blah blah blah could be anything, but after repeated negative tests whilst experiencing these "symtoms" it's definitely not HIV.

I think we can all agree that stress and anxiety can only make people sicker and sicker and it's proven that stress even contributes to some cancers, not to mention heart problems etc.

Even in the whole history of the CDC they have only ever heard of two cases where it may have taken longer for a person to seroconvert. Now if you think of the amount of people getting tested etc you'd have to say your chances of being the next one is ZERO!! With modern medicine and advanced technology I'm sure even these two very rare occurances are a thing of the past.

Here in Australia every AIDS organisation I've spoken to, and there's been a few, have never experienced anyone even testing positive after the 3 month mark although some do recommend 6 month testing for peace of mind.

What do you think of this Dr? Hopefully this info can ease some people's fears.

Good on you Dr Bob for all the hard work you do and for always being so compassionate.

I will be sending you some Aussie 's, but you know the exchange rate is pretty ordinary at the moment although every bit counts I know.

All the best mate.

Hello Aussie,

Thank you for taking the time to write. Yes, I agree totally that people who experience symptoms for months to years, but continually test HIV-negative, do not have HIV disease! I also agree that no "symptom" is specific for HIV. Now if you could just convince some of your anxious and stressed out mates in the land down under, Id be very appreciative. There seems to be a lot of worry coming from Oxford Street, Paddington, and Hyde Park. Hopefully, theyll believe your words, stop worrying, and go for a swim at Obelisk Beach, Lady Jane, or Tamarama (glamorama?).

Thanks for the donation, mate.

DR. BOB -- WE NEED AND ANSWER AND WE NEED IT NOW
HUGE COCK --- increased risk?