Dr. Bob, you misunderstand! The consultant *does* think HIV

Dear Dr. Bob,

Thanks for your reply. However, I think you misunderstand. In spite of my negative tests, the hospital consultant thinks "the main quesion mark is still over HIV". I have tested negative for everything else that could be causing the symptoms. That is why he has referred me back to the GUM clinic for further testing. The point is that the symptoms are *not* caused by anxiety - I am long passed the anxiety phase of this nightmare - now I just want it to be over. The hospital consultant *verified* the symptoms, hence I am definitely not WW! I cannot psychosomatically manifest painful ulcers around the opening of the throat and anus for goodness sake! I know you are very busy but would you mind re-reading my original post? Please help - I am concerned about delayed seroconversion - I have basically been having a very bad flu-like illness with some highly suspect symptoms for 4 months.

Thank you :-), Ben

Hello Ben,

Sorry but I have no way of retrieving and reviewing specific questions that have already been posted. As I recall, you had repeatedly negative HIV tests. Please note symptoms, even "verified" symptoms, do not equal disease. Painful ulcers of the throat and anus can be caused by several different types of infections. Hopefully, an infectious diseases and/or dermatologist will be able to sort this out for you very soon. Keep me posted. Good luck.

Br. Bob, you and my wife both rock! Please post!
I Coincide too many STUPID worried well people around here