Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A very intresting question for for you Doc.
Jun 9, 2003

hi Dr. bob How are you? I am very very happy for you with the way you answer all the people out there and with the way you are fighting the disease. I am sure you are amongst the people who have best quality of life any one has ever dreamed of!. Doctor I have a question regarding the penis and its structure. Are glans of a uncircumsized or circumsized male considered to be a mucouscal membrane? Can the glans transmit HIV? 2nd Is the inner lining of the foreskin considered to be made of mucouscal membrane? If yes then : Does mastrubation for a long period of say 6 years (twice/thrice daily clasping the penis with the ist completely sround it like holding a tennis racquet towards yourself)i.e about 4500 times in 6 years, make both of these organs ( glans and the foreskin)a bit hard/thick, I mean due to the friction between these parts, the area of friction under consideration would become a bit hard/thick and would not be susseptible to microscopic cuts/injuries during unprotective sex. thus preventing transmission of HIV. This definately is not a preventive measure but can it be considered as good/ positive indication for preventating HIV transmission? Please answer Doctor. I had read in your post to a positive woman that "you (Dr. Bob) is planning to die of old age and not of HIV." I sincerely hope and pray to god you see you great grand childern before you rest eternally.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

And remind me again why this is such a "very interesting question?" Even the 4500 whack jobs are far from a record.

OK, the urethra is a mucous membrane; the glans and foreskin are not.

No, masturbating (even 4500 times) is not going to decrease your risk of HIV transmission. Use a condom; its a lot easier than trying to build up protective calluses on your Mr. Happy! Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Ejaculations in Mouth From Transexual
Next
UNIQUE QUESTION that will comfort thousands....

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.