About You! If you feel like it!

Doctor Bob, I was wondering if PEP was not available at the time of your accident? Is that one of the advances that modern medicine has come up with since your exposure? I pray they come up with something else soon that will take care of you and everyone else who is infected. Love you.

This forum is supposed to be about you guys, not me! Briefly, we had no idea if PEP would work for occupational exposures back in January of 1991 when I sustained my needlestick and laceration. I did take AZT within minutes of the accident, which was the protocol at the time. In retrospect, since the patient had advanced-stage AIDS, he most likely was already resistant to that drug. We did not have resistance tests or viral loads back then. It was over a decade ago and much has been learned since then. Thanks for your prayers! Stay well.

Amazing what anxiety can do to you
Scared And Stupid ( Will Send Donation )