vaseline lotion

I had receptive anal sex this evening with a latex condom, but with vaseline lotion (not jelly). My partner did not ejaculate in me and the encounter was less than three minutes. If the condom did not break and I at greater risk because of a potential weakening of the latex. Also, I checked the condom afterward to make sure no water could get through (I grabbed with a gardening glove).

Vaseline and vaseline lotion (and generally any other lotion) is oil-based, so using those as lubricant with a condom can make it ineffective in preventing transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. Only use products that are water-based, and if you aren't sure, skip having penetrative sex for the time being (there are other things you can do with your partner).

This isn't a reason to panic; just because you used an oil-based lubricant doesn't mean that you were exposed to HIV (I'm not sure how reliable your tests were, but maybe the condom was okay?). Just play it on the safer side next time in order to prevent transmission and reduce your anxiety.

RMK

save africa
put my mind at ease please