|many ARS symtoms 2nd time asking PLEASE HELP
Jun 6, 2003
I had protected vaginal sex with a high risk partner. I got tested before and did not have HIV before this encounter. About 4 or 5 weeks later i started having headache and nausea. MOstly after eating but also in between and just in general. About a week later i got a sore throat and cough and still the headaches. About a week or so later the sore throat seemed to go away and i got joint pain in alot of my joints (elbows, knees, wrists, ankles, fingers,) Ive never had joint pain like this before. I also got muscle aches in my back, neck and legs. I also feel fatigue that i never felt before. (never got fever or swollen glands.) The pain in my joints and muscles has been going on for about a week and does not seem to be going awayAFter this encounter i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend (hiv negative). She has also felt symptoms of muscle ache and fatigue. Please help me im very worried and stressing this situation. My questions...
1) Is this characteristic of ARS symptoms that the symptoms come one after anothe? 2) is it likely that i have HIV? 3) WHat other infections could be causing these symptoms 4) could is be stress? 5) If it is stress why would my girlfriend be feeling similar symptoms? (she doesnt know im worrying about hiv)
ps. I think this is a great forum because it benefits many people. You are a great person. I want to make a dfonation. Can i have that information.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
If your risk was "protected vaginal sex" and a latex condom was used properly, then you really didnt have a significant risk at all. "Protected" means "protected!"
1. No, ARS symptoms usually occur concurrently. 2. No, its extremely unlikely. 3. Check with your doctor. The answer to that is beyond the scope of this forum. 4. Yes, very definitely. 5. Her symptoms of muscle ache and fatigue could be related to many, many things.
Donations to my foundation can be sent to the address given at the end of my biosketch posted on this site. Ill also list the address below:
The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Dr., Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Candidiasis Infection Treatment With Doxycycline?
- If The Viral Load Is Zero Does That Mean You Have Cleared The Hepatitis C Virus?
- Would Gonorrhea In Your Throat Cause Swelling
- Where Do Genital Herpes Appear?
- What Percentage Of The Population Has Genital Herpes?
- What Percent Of The World Has Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.