In Limbo and tryen to deal

Hey,

I know that others have asked this question. But, I would feel much better with a personal reponse. I am a male and about a month ago I had unprotected sex with another man. Now I have had sex before with this guy and it was always with a condom. This time I was hesitant, but he said he would only do it if he trusted me. Now I just recently had a HIV- test result to I new I was safe. However I have heard from several people that he really sleeps around. But, he said he gets tested due to work related issues (he is a PA). But, know I am all worried that I may have gotten HIV. I know you should not tell by the symptoms. I have none since the encounter. I was the top in this situation. I was not in for very long and I didn't ejaculate. Am I just over reacting or are my worries justified? I hope you can help me even a little. I know I should wait 3 months. Should even try to get a test earlier just to alleviate my fears? Please help me, thank you.

Having unprotected insertive anal sex with an HIV infected person puts you at risk for HIV infection. While it is good that your partner told you that he was HIV negative, it is important that you get tested at three months since transmission through male-male anal sex is the most common route of transmission in the U.S.

Unprotected anal sex is not only a route for HIV transmission, but also other STIs, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, and HPV. So, even if your partner is HIV negative, it can still be worth it to use condoms.

Try to use condoms when having anal sex. HIV and STI risk aside, conodom use can also prevent the anxiety of waiting three months for a test result after the fact.

RMK

R.M.K............WHERE ARE YOU??????????
Just a thank you, Ryan