DOES ANTIVIRAL DRUG INTERFERE THE HIV ANTIBODY TEST(IFA)- AN ANXIOUS 26 YEAR OLD MALE

Hello Dr. Bob, Does antiviral drugs as of "FOSCARNET SODIUM INJECTION" AND "RECOMBINANT HURNAN INTERLEUKIN-2" interfere with the HIV antibody test? Would this postpone the development of antibody? I was on the above mentioned treatment in the 5th week from the possible exposure(protected vaginal sex with sex worker, however not sure about the quality of the condom since I was in China). The doctor prescribed this treatment based on his suspicion of possible infection of HSV-2 and HPV.

I tested negative(IFA TEST) at 4th week, 5th week, and 9th week. Possible ARS symptoms of swollen lymph glands at groin area both left & right side(in the 6th week until now 10th week), a few rashes(8th week unitl now 10th week) irregular shapes raised or under the skin on my arms, chest, groin area (2 to 3). With respect to all this, I am very anxious to know how definite is the 9th week negative result. I know the test is not definite until 3 month. As with most of the people here, I am very very very worried and the anxiety is driving me to the dark. Please give your honest comment on my case. By the way, I have noticed in the past post that the foundation is located in Los Altos, CA. This is the place where I came from, my hometown. I am now in China and somehow I feel warm inside by knowing this. Is it possible to make a donation via credit card? I would like to make a donation to home.

Your doctor prescribed Foscarnet and Interleukin-2 for "suspicion of possible HSV-2 and HPV?" Really? OK, first thing to do is find a different doctor, as this is not recommended treatment.

Second, will these therapies affect your HIV antibody tests? No, they will not. You are, however, correct that although a 9-week negative test is encouraging, a result cannot be relied upon as definitive until the 3-month mark.

Los Altos is your hometown? How could you ever leave? Its been absolutely stunning here of late. Gorgeous, clear skies, sunny days, and exquisite warm starlight nights. Maybe its time you came back for a visit, grab a smoothie or Starbucks, and take a stroll down Main Street.

Sorry The Foundation is not set up to take credit card donations at this time. From China, a direct wire money transfer would probably be the most convenient method of making a donation. The best way to make a direct wire transfer to our foundation is to follow these wiring instructions:

Mellon Bank Pittsburgh, P.A. ABA # 043000261 Credit ML Account Number 101-1730 Further Credit to: Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation Account # 830-04C48 For international transfers add: Swift number MELN US 3P

Best of luck. Stay well.

I feel Like I gave my life over to Him
RESPECT AND WOOO HOOO