Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is trauma and exposed blood only risk in anal?
May 30, 2003

hats off to the work here. you are an alias for human values, humanity and truly speaking an example why we humans are better species.

Even better species do costly mistakes like me. I had risky exposure 2 years ago. It was a 30 seconds(or less) anal sex with a woman of unknown status(i think it is just 4-6 pushes). I was wearing a condom without my penis got erection (got erection during intercourse). I think it didnot slipoff but due to recent symptoms I am very much convinced that a disaster occured that night. My symtoms include dry skin, dry mouth, coated tongue, brown lesions on foot soles and hands, floaters, and itchy red bumps on trunk area etc. 1. Is it possible that tranmission can occur with that short span of anal intercourse with out much trauma. I checked the condom in the rest room...it didnt had any blood on that. So...she was not hurt during anal sex. what other fluids other than blood can cause transmission during anal sex?

2. Is it possible that all these symptoms can occur with in 2 year time span.

I know you would suggest a blood test which if exposes disaster would cause a catastrophy (infection to my wife). From the day I noticed my symptoms...and searched the internet...everything is pointing to HIV. I am not afraid of dying but...not like this to hiv...I dont know ...these days I am feeling that I reached my breaking point and couldnot get out of suicidal thoughts.

PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER THE RISK OF EXPOSURE WITH A BRIEF ANAL WITHOUT MUCH TRAUMA OR BLOOD EXPOSURE TO UNCIRCUMSISED MAN.

For the rest of the guys here....Please donot take risks...20 seconds or even 20 hours is not worth of losing 2 great paying jobs...living in hell with every second thinking of hiv for 7 months(think accidental death is better than this kinda life)...risking lives of your loved ones who trust you and are ready to give their lives for you if it is necessary and not like this.

THANKS IN ADVANCE DOC.

I know you have tonnes of questions to answer and this seems another junk question out of thousands....but....it might be useful for guys to learn how transmission occurs during anal sex....so...please answer doc. - Extremely worried man

Response from Mr. Kull

As long as the condom stayed on during your insertive anal sex episode, it is unlikely that you would be at any risk for HIV infection. The insertive partner in anal sex is at risk for infection through exposure to blood: a condom should serve as an effective barrier against this.

Instead of ruminating about your symptoms, which seems to be increasing your worry, consider seeing a doctor and getting an HIV test to end this anxious period for yourself.

RMK

Previous
A question for Ryan
Next
Thumb prick

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.