Seeing a sex worker

Mr. Kull, Knowing what you know about STDs, would you ever see sexworker?

I am thinking about seeing a sexworker/escort for the first time and was wondering what your thoughts, concerns, etc. were on it.

Thanks for your insight and help.

ummmmmm...I don't think I can answer this question directly. I might get in trouble ;)

Look, sex worker or not, anytime you have sex with a person whose status for sexually transmitted infections is not known, you run the risk for infection. Sex, like other activities in life, carries risk, whether we like it or not. Risk makes us anxious, life makes us anxious, and we do what we can to reduce our anxiety so we can have at least some fun while we live out our lives.

You need to determine what you are comfortable with, and primarily, what level of risk you are comfortable with. If you know that, even if you use condoms, that having sex with a sex worker is going to leave you feeling anxious afterwards, don't do it. If you feel confident enough in your abilities to have safer sex and the reliability of condoms and safer activities, go to town.

Know how to reduce your risk for infections and act accordingly. The Body is a great place to research information on protecting yourself from HIV and other STI infection.

There needs to be a balance. If you find that it is difficult to ever have sex, and that you feel anxious regardless of what you do, then STIs aren't the problem, your anxiety is. Like I said, anxiety is a part of life, but if you find that your anxiety is paralyzing, try to get some help.

RMK

my son
she's infected, am i?