For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Comon Doc., I have asked this 9 times already!

You and Kull are great people, and extremely helpfull to most of the people on this forum. A couple of questions for you and I hope you answer. First of all I had insertive unprotected vaginal sex with a prostitute in Mexico in October of 2001, which is dumb-dumb-dumb. I tested with the Abbott 5 times, at 6, 9, 11, 14, and 24 weeks, and I even had a PCR run in week 14, all negative. I have been seeing a psycologist about this HIV fear, and luckily I have made enough money over the years where I did not have to work all of this time. I lost my wife, family, and company do to a stupid mistake that night, my question is if I still feel symptoms such as headache, eye floaters, extreme tiredness, dizziness and white tongue what are the possibilities of me seroconverting late? And what kind of symptoms do you look for that late in the game. It has been 1 year and 7 months since my possible exposure, what do you think the odds of me converting are? And yes I am ging to print a copy of this and take it to my shrink...I just hope you answer.

Your odds of seroconverting late are exactly zip zero, zilch, nada! You have had multiple negative HIV ELISA tests up to 24 weeks and a negative PCR at week 14. You just cant get any more negative than that.

Your symptoms are quite classic for anxiety, not HIV. Im delighted you are seeing a therapist. Youve lost your wife, family, company, and 1- years of your life fearing an illness you do not have. You need to work closely with your therapist to confront your irrational fears. HIV is not your problem. Yes, bring a copy of this to your next appointment. Good luck.

HIV in the gym?
"mini WooWoo" or Bad logic?