Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm sorry Dr. Bob and thank you!
May 25, 2003

I wrote a post a couple of days ago titled, " Oh No! Dr. Bob please help" or something along those lines.

In that post I mentioned the fact that I ALWAYS use condoms and that the condoms never broke, tore or slipped off. I also said that the only time I was unprotected was when my boyfriend performed oral sex on me three different times.

I realize now after having read your answers to other posts that my fears of having HIV are totally unwarranted. The other people I talked to before said that they were too. But no, I had to get in a panic and become anxiety ridden over nothing.

After re-reading my post and thinking logically, I realized that my problem wasn't the fear of having HIV. I was feeling guilty for having sex. Then I realized that I shouldn't feel guilty for having sex because I'm only human.

So, eventhough you never answered my post, thanks for answering everyone elses and making me think just a little. And I'm truly sorry for taking up your time.

So to everyone out there who supposedly has symptoms and are constantly searching the internet for an answer, please think a little. Be logical in your thinking. Don't depress yourselves over the thought of having HIV. If there is a true concern, then get tested, but don't waste your lives being anxiety ridden.

I will be sending 20 dollars (sorry it's not more) to your organization. If you would please post the address again, that would be great. Thanks once again!

Truly, A recovered worried-well who wishes she could hug you for some reason. :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Recovered Worried-Well!

Im delighted you were able to realize what was really happening! Gee, before long, you guys wont even need me around here at all!

Thank you for your donation. The Foudation's address can be found at the end of my bio-sketch posted on this site. Twenty dollars can go a remarkably long way in Sub-Saharan Africa!

And thanks for the cyber-hug too!

Dr. Bob

Previous
To be blunt
Next
300 donation for honest answer and advice..Have asked 9 times now.....Desperate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.