|To be blunt
May 25, 2003
To be blunt, I enjoy sticking my tongue up a guys ass. Is there a risk of my catching anything, especially HIV or Hep C, besides bad breath? I am already HIV positive and have advised the other party of this, they claim to be negative, but you know how that goes.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
In case you are at a dinner party or something and dont want to be quite so blunt, you can use the term "rimming," OK?
Rimming risk? There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. However, there are a variety of other STDs that can be passed quite easily this way, including hepatitis A, intestinal parasites, and herpes.
Is it possible to rim safely? Sure, if you use a barrier, such as a dental dam. If you choose not to, you should be screened for STDs periodically.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Smoking A Blunt?
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.