A response for the ignorant.

Dear Dr.

I hated that, that person had the nerve to be suspicious of how you contracted HIV. Many doctors have become infected by performing procedures on patients. Procedures that no nurse is qualified to perform. Yes doctors do sometimes draw blood. My children's doctor draws their blood and gives them their immunization. So he/she are wrong about that. The problem is people are seeing this as a gay man's disease and it's not by no means. Just because your gay that means you got HIV from gay sex. Surgeons deal with blood all the time I know gay people who acquired HIV through IV drug use when people assume sex. Don't be ignorant.

Wow, that comment generated lots of responses like yours. . Thank you!! And yes, I did draw blood on some of my patients, especially they pediatric patients!

Hopefully comments like yours and realities like mine will help to abolish outdated stereotypic notions about this illness! Thanks again for taking the time to write.

NEEDLE STICK-YOUR ADVISED PLEASE
Doc Can I be a daddy???