I am freakin Dr. B this is the 4 time

Dr. B I do have to say you are the bomb! Great positive attitude that gives people hope. My G.F. tested HIV+, I had unprotected sex with her before hand. I was tested at 4 months and came out neg. I recently had protected intercourse with her in March. THere were no visisible rips or cuts on the condom. She also claims she is pregnant. If she is pregnant, does that mean I came in contact? Can I still woo-hoo about my 4 month neg? Would you get retested? THanks for the help Dr.B. You are truly a wonder. Freaked

Hello Freaked,

Sorry to hear about your girlfriends positive test. Your 4-month test should be definitive. And "protected" intercourse should indeed "protect" you from HIV, if the latex condom was used properly.

Your girlfriend "claims she is pregnant." Next step would be to recheck and see if that is indeed the case. If she is pregnant, does this mean you "came in contact." Well, it means someone "came in contact." If it was you, then we have to assume the condom failed. If that is the case, you should be retested for HIV. If she is not pregnant or you are not the babys father, then your 4-month negative test should be adequate. However, if you remain concerned, or there are ongoing questions about possible exposure, you could retest at the 6-month mark.

HIV in sub-Sahara Africa
Suicidal (crying for help)