RESPECT, and thanks

Hello again Dr. I'm stressed, I know you get millions of e-mails everyday with the same question, am I infected? It's amazing to me that you are willing to take your time to answer them, cause I know you've heard pretty much everything. I'm a student so I'm not a rich individual, cost of tuition keeps most of us pretty poor man, it's not fair. However I do want to make a donation to one of your charities, could you give me some addresses. I live alone and the last few month of this window period have really stressed me out. I was negitive at a little over one month, and at the end of this month it will be three, I never though I'd be this stressed. After I test I know I'll be fine because I know you can't stress yourself positive. Needless to say I've been staying up nights reading the internet, it's been my third best friend. My bible and your postings have been the other two,funny combination. Anyway I want to know about genital warts I read on a web site that 90 of hiv+ men also have genital warts is this a reliable statistic? Secondly I was on WEB MD the new medical site reading about genital warts and read an artical about a 100 effective vaccine for certain warts that cause cervical cancers from MERK. Have you heard of any vaccines available now or in the near future? I have also read that HPV is incurable and often reoccuring, what are some of the more successful treatments? One more question, what are your thoughts on the orasure test, are they reliable, can you purchase them online, are they FDA approved? Thank you very much for your time Dr. hope to hear from you soon. stressed in PA

Hello PA,

Thats a whole lotta questions and beyond the scope of this HIV information website. Let me at least try to reply briefly to some of them.

First, be careful about what you read on the Internet. There is a lot of misinformation out there. For instance, "90 percent of HIV-positive men also have genital warts." Thats pure doggy do-do! Reliable statistic? Absolutely not. Its a totally ridiculous statement. Merck and other companies are working on a variety of therapeutic vaccines, including one for HPV (the virus that causes genital warts). It is not yet available, nor is it expected anytime soon, to the best of my knowledge. HPV has a variety of therapies, depending on severity and location. Everything from topical prescription medication to surgical excision could be used.

Me and the Bible -- that is indeed a funny combination. Please keep me away from that ridiculous Leviticus chapter!

The Foundation address is located at the end of my biosketch posted on this site. Ill also write it below:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Im quite convinced youll be WOO-HOOing very son.

Good luck PA. Stop stressing!

You must publish this Dr BOb
Dr.Bob, To WOOHOO or not to WOOHOO