Must read re: submission wait time and oral sex

First of all, you guys are great and are real heroes. Your time is valuable and is much appreciated out here in the anonymous cyber world. This forum is really the anxiety forum because everyone thinks they could have gotton HIV and you guys are the only realiable anonymous source I've seen out there. Some guidance to all of us on pins and needles waiting for a reply would help.

1. How many requests do you receive per day and what day are you on in terms of answering questions. This would help because if I submitted on Tuesday and you guys are a week behind, I know not to freak out becuase you may still get to my question. But if the week goes by, then I know you guys have bypassed my question and I can get on with my life and stop checking the board.

2. You are commenting on oral sex quite often and stating the risk of HIV is really very miniscule and people should get on with their lives. The problem I see is that some of these people are married or have girl freinds and come away with there being nothing wrong with a casual BJ from your local working girl. But you fail to mention the other STD that can be obtained from a casual BJ and I think it would help all the readers to know the risks of getting these other STD's. Like the guy that went to Thailand and got 7 uncovered oral, and now he thinks he can have sex with his wife / girlfriend with out spreading something? Could he have gotton gonnerhea or another std from that oral that he's now giving to his wife? Please discuss the other risks associated with oral besides HIV becasue this is a safe sex board.

3. My story: I was stupid and gave oral and received oral from a Trans-gender (m to f) working girl. She slightly bit my lip (no blood) before the oral. I've freaked out and was breaking into crying fits thinking I had a chance to be HIV + from the experience, but your board has eased my fears. I do think I got gonnerrhea from it because I had a sore throat. So I took doxycyline for 8 days, telling my Dr. I had an ear infection. Can I woo-hoo with no STD.

Please answer this is my third submission and I am obsessed with finding out.

Thanks, your fan!!

Hello Fan,

1. By reading the biosketches of various experts on these forums, youll see that we all wear many hats other than our snappy expert forum cap. I cant answer for the other experts, but I dont have a set schedule for reading and responding to questions. For instance, if Im wearing my professors cap, I may be lecturing overseas and not have access to the website; or, if I have my patients hat on, I may be experiencing my own mini (or maxi) health crisis with HIV and be too ill to answer for awhile. The number of questions I get on a daily basis varies from "way too many" to "absolutely, insanely too many," depending on the day. Questions stay in my inbox for 2 weeks, so I recommend if you havent heard from me in 2 weeks and you feel your question is unique and deserves a reply, resubmit it then. 2. We try to answer questions as specifically as we can. Since this is primarily an HIV information website with thousands and thousand of folks anxiously waiting (and in some cases demanding) a reply, we often have to limit the scope of our reply. Please note I do often mention routine and complete STD screening for sexually active folks. Many STDs are much easier to contract than HIV. Luckily, they are also much easier to diagnose and treat. If you need a refresher course on STD risk with various sexual practices and cant locate this information in the archives, let me know and Ill review them again for you. 3. Self-diagnosis is never, ever a good idea. That said, would doxycycline be adequate treatment for gonorrhea? Yes, in the proper dosage, doxycycline for 7 days could be used to treat gonorrhea. Can you WOO-HOO with no STDs? Without additional symptoms and following an 8-day course of doxycycline, your risk of a bacterial STD would be extremely low. However, please remember there are other types of STDs that are not affected by doxycycline (viruses, parasites, certain bacteria, etc.). So can you WOO-HOO? Probably, but the only way to be certain following an exposure and development of symptoms would be to have STD screening. There is really no reason to be dishonest with your doctor. We are here to be helpful, and that is difficult to nearly impossible if you arent being truthful. OK?

Best friend had HIV/AIDS,Terrified and greiving,PLEASE ANSWER
Please, I Need Your Blessing