Best friend had HIV/AIDS,Terrified and greiving,PLEASE ANSWER

My best friend of 10 years died last January of complications with AIDS, P.C.P. I was helping his family clean out his house a week or so after the funeral.While I was in the kitchen I cut my finger on a stonewear cookie jar that looked like it had dried blood on it. I washed my hands and put a paper towl around it since I couldn't find a bandage. I didn't think a thing of it until the next week when I found out that he had HIV/AIDS. Now I am scared to death. All these years and I had no idea that he was sick. He hid it from all his friends, and now I am concerned that I may have put myself at risk. Please,I would be grateful for your advise. I am so scared. Thanks

Your "best friend" died from AIDS and you didnt know? Its amazing and somewhat sad that we are into the 3rd decade of this viral pandemic and there is still so much shame and guilt associated with this illness that even best friends feel compelled to hide their diagnoses!

You have absolutely no cause for concern. Even if there was dried blood on the cookie jar, HIV cannot survive outside the body. Consequently, your risk is nonexistent. My advice? Learn about HIV/AIDS. This website and related links are excellent sources. Then talk about HIV/AIDS with your other friends and family members. Its only through knowledge, understanding, and compassion that we can prevent situations like yours from occurring between other best friends.

Nothing to worry about?
Must read re: submission wait time and oral sex