Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can I stop testing and get on with my life?
May 14, 2003

Dr. Bob,

I have asked this question two times already with no response hopefully the third times a charm. I did something very stupid and had one episode of unprotected sex with a guy I work with. I started feeling guilty and decided to get tested. I tested 3 times at 9 weeks, 13 weeks and 24 weeks, all tests were negative. I thought at the time that 24 weeks was considered 6 months but now I'm not sure. If you count 6 months by weeks 24 weeks seems to be ok but if you count it by actual days in a month I may have tested 12 days to soon. I am very worried about this and hopefully I will get a reply from you saying that I can WOO-HOO after this last negative test and finally get on with my life. I will be stressfully awaiting your reply.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear "Stressfully Awaiting,"

All you really needed was a 3-month test. But to answer your question, 6 months counted as 24 weeks or in days (plus or minus leap year, before you ask) is all the same. The immune system does not have a built-in date and time stamp like your digital camera! Yes, WOO-HOO with my full blessings!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
"BOB NEEDLESTICK AND HIV.................HELP ME
Next
its stan the atlantic city spot man, what form of payment does your organization prefer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.