I suspect another retrovir has made the grade

I know that in our lifetime/career that it is not "fashionable" to break ranks with Gallo's theory. I am really not much different from you....except I may be the not so distant future. The disease is equally bad...I live it daily. I am not sure if nature threw a monkey wrench in, but I really suspect terror. When I found out there were a "number" of lymphocyte attacking viruses studied....I rapidly felt that a "mad scientist" adopted one for a test on good ole america. I happened upon this not by any choice of my own...but I guess destiny is that way. My best guess is North Korea...since they make good nukes..and arabs just fly planes or blow themselves up.

I am a doc just like you. I am either nuts or absolutely correct...but since I'm looking at me and my labs, for the time being its the best assumption I can make.

Why do I tell you??....Since I believe you will understand, and more importantly we are doctors and it is our duty to share info to help others. I really think that some of the worried well are not at all that. I tested negative by ALL typical tests at a very respected US center and fought cmv for a year. When I started to go blind...and dumb (literally) I got smart and realized its all about "convention". Our problem is that NK/or nature does not really care about our convention. When valcyte stopped working on its own...I started using reverse transcriptase inhibitors..at that point I had nothing to loose. I'm into my fifth month and I feel OK..but alive (but the best I have felt since summer of 9/11).

I will need help...Obviously!! But so will so many others.....cite Journal virology 6/2002 on cmv/hiv"neg" presentations.

PLEASE TELL COLLEAGUES THAT THERE IS A DOC WITH THIS STORY.....SINCE WHEN I EVEN HINT AT IT THEY WANT GIVE ME A PADDED CELL (still enjoy helping others...can not give up that fix).

I remember an old uncle of mine once told me, "always sleep with one eye open....you never know who your enemies are". A bit paranoid I would say....but I changed it to slightly the converse....."trust yourself......especially if you are just about to die". So basically, I had to do something....I was getting sicker day by day.

Hello Wingnut,

Are you back again? "Monkey wrenches?" "Mad scientists?" "Suspected terror?" "North Korea?" "Good nukes?" Here we go again!

You claim to be "a doc just like me." I have no idea if you are a doc or not, but I can assure you that you are nothing like me.

"Nuts or absolutely correct?" Id definitely vote for "nuts" on that one.

I strongly doubt you started to go blind, but Ill accept if you are a doc and you are self treating with anti-retrovirals you are "literally dumb."

You had "nothing to lose?" Well, maybe not your sanity, because that was clearly already missing. But you did risk your physical health, taking very potent medications with many potential side effects and for absolutely no just cause!

"Tell colleagues that there is a doc with this story." OK. Hey everyone, watch out for this guy, he sounds like a wing-nut to me!!

You think your old uncle was "a bit paranoid?" Well, perhaps. Suppose it could be genetic!

"PADDED CELL?" Excellent idea! I concur.

Bottom line: If you are treating yourself, you have a fool for a doctor and an idiot for a patient. See a shrink. Please note: I wont be posting any more of your nonsense.

Dr. Frascino, please help me ....
a genuine doubt