Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you very much and God Bless You
May 13, 2003

This is my first time writing to you. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much Dr. Bob, and this forum. I've been reading all the very honest and down to earth explainations in this forum and I can safely say, you and Mr. Kull saved me from being suicidal. I hope that all the other readers will learn from my experience and accept the fact that you're not God. Ultimately it's we ourselves that determines how we live, whatever the outcome.

I was in Thailand in mid-January and a colleague hired a prostitute for me. Influenced by alcohol and by pure stupidity I accepted, having never done anything like this before, and will never ever again. I remember clearly that I used a condom while having vaginal sex with her but I didn't check the expiry date. I also received an unprotected blowjob for nearly 15 minutes which I came in her mouth. The next day, burdened by guilt, I realized that she had a tooth missing and heard that HIV could be pass through gums. Needless to say I panicked and had weeks of sleepless nights. I went for a test at 4 weeks after possible exposure and it was non-reactive. This didn't ease my anxiety and thoughts of suicide if I was positive ran through my mind. My relationship with my live-in girlfriend suffered as I refused to have sex with her without giving her any explanations for fearing that I'll transmit it to her. Throughout my ordeal, the replies by the wonderful people of this forum kept my sanity. At exactly 90 days / 13 weeks after possible exposure I gathered enough courage to go for my test. Thank god it was non-reactive also. I know I'd have to go for another test at 6 months but I know I'm also likely to get a WooHooo! from Dr. Bob after my negative result at 90 days.

Sorry for the long letter but my point being, only you can determine how you handle your situation. The great people in this forum are doing a wonderful job calming alot of our fears. My anxiety was extremely high before I found this forum and after that it eased a little as I learned what to do and my chances were extremely low. Learn and appreciate them and do the right thing..not demanding answers to your questions. They're not God!!

Finally, Dr. Bob, I'd appreciate it if I could get an official woohooo from you. God bless you and I together with all the people you've helped will be praying for you. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Yes, its true. Im not God. I dont know about Ryan; youll have to ask him directly.

Official WOO-HOO? My pleasure. I now pronounce you "Officially WOO-HOOed!" Congratulations!

I also do not believe you need any additional HIV testing. Your 3-month result is conclusive.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
CAN I wHOO-HOO?!!!please answer!!i promise a contribution!!
Next
Dr. Frascino, please help me ....

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.