Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rape victim will like to say thanks, Dr. Bob!!
May 13, 2003

Hello Dr. Bob, I am the young male in his twenties that wrote you before that was mugged and sexually molested by three men. After you responded to my letter, I gathered my courage and took an HIV test. I was sexually molested in early January and I live here in the US. When I took the test, it was three and a half months post exposure. I got my results yesterday and I am negative! They only had to do the eliza once on my sample! I will like to say to you thank you for your advice and encouraging words. It helped for me to get to get tested and to finally start receiving the counselling I need. I even told some of my family members and close friends that I trust and they all are supporting me. Needless to say, they were all relieved with the results! I also made a police report. Thank you so much and God bless you! I am a student and I don't have much but I will like to make a donation to your foundation to hepl with the exceptional work you are doing for HIV positive and AIDS patients. I am humbled and thankful that I am not infected and will like to show my gratitude by doing something to touch others' lives. By the way, I am starting medical school in the fall! Wish me luck and thanks again. Please send the info about your foundation. Also, will I need to test again? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Welcome back to the forum. Im delighted you took my advice. Congratulations on your negative test and getting the support and counseling you need! WOO-HOO. Lets hope the bastards who did this to you are caught and punished. Chances are they are living a fairly miserable life (bad karma!).

Regarding additional testing, no, its not at all necessary!!

Starting medical school in the fall? Congratulations! Youve already learned some things about the power of the mind, anxiety/stress, and the importance of seeking help when you need it. Thank you for your gift to The Foundation. That demonstrates generosity and compassion. I think youll be an excellent physician, and Ill be proud to one day call you a colleague!

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Stay well. Good luck in the fall. And dont worry if it seems overly challenging at first; medical school gets a lot more interesting and easier as you go along! See you at Grand Rounds!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you from "A long twisted tale"
Next
Thanks!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.