Thank you from "A long twisted tale"

Dr. Frascino and Mr. Kull, Hello again from "A long twisted tale". I finally broke down and had the test done. I was the guy who seemed to have every possible symptom of HIV infection from casual contact and spent years thinking I was positive. And the guy who lived in constant fear of contracting the disease.

I felt as if the world was sitting on my shoulders as I made that call for the results. I listened to the general message given before the results. After what seemed forever, the results came up.

I "diagnosed" myself with about every symptom of HIV. Chronic bowel problems, skin problems, oral manifestations, sinusitis, you name it. I was absolutely certain in my mind I was positive, after years of fearing contracting the disease .

Guess what the result was? Negative. I even double checked.. and triple checked the results. Still negative.

I swore to myself that I wouldn't make a big spectacle. But I figured I would let you folks know the result. I wrote up a pretty long, drawn out message to the worried well last time. I will keep it short and simple now.

To the Worried Well: I had about every symptom that could seem to be from HIV. You name it.. I had it. And guess what? Negative. I'm living proof that Symptoms is no indicator of being HIV positive.

To quote Dr. Frascino, "Go... get tested.. now go!"

Dr. Frascino/Mr. Kull, I cannot express enough my thanks for helping break me out my stupor. Keep up the good work, and hopefully another "worried well" added to the data will convince some(or all!) of these folks to go get the test done and stay well.

Hey Long Twisted Tale,

See, I told you youd be back!!!

"Guess what the result was?" Yes, of course, I guessed what the result was! "Double and triple checked and still negative?" Well, imagine that! Hopefully now you realize that even though you were "the" guy who had every possible symptom, and who diagnosed himself only to find out that he was NOT HIV-positive, you are certainly not "the only guy." This forum is literally bursting at the seams with stories just like yours. And just like you, the happy ending can be found just around the bend!

Congratulations, WOO-HOO, and Im glad your long tail is no longer twisted.

Cant Stop Smiling!
Rape victim will like to say thanks, Dr. Bob!!