Dr. Bob....truly a Saint!

Hi Dr Bob, I've been reading your forum for a couple of months now and would like to first of all, tell you that I feel like I've gotten to know you pretty well and would like to let you know that I think you qualify for Sainthood!!!You give expert advice with a very warm, caring,and humorous fashion!!!It really keeps alot of people on the right track,as well as gives them the strength and the courage to move forward with their lives!!A donation will be sent to your foundation soon!!!I would like to ask you one strange question though.....Is it likely,or even possible due to my anabolic steroid use, that I would have lost the ability to make antibodies to HIV that could be picked up on standard antibody tests? I have only taken oral steroids,non-injectables.These contain(Tribulis terrestris,Boron,Dihydroxyflavone and Androstenedione)Thanks to you guys,I believe that I know the answer,but I just want to be certain!!Is it safe to shout a loud WooHoo after my 13 month Neg.antibody test??Thank you in advance!!Please keep up the great work!!Warmest wishes and prayers to all of you!!! Concerned Bodybuilder

Hello Concerned Bodybuilder,

Sainthood?? Well, I doubt Mother Theresa will have to give up her spot for me. Now on to your question. Bodybuilding anabolic steroid use will not affect your ability to make HIV antibodies. Yep, you knew the answer all along, didnt you big guy? Can you shout WOO-HOO after a 13-month neg test? You sure can, just as sure as you can bench press a Calista Flockhart. Now get back to your workout. And can you do a set of preacher curls for me, please?

Thanks for your donation to The Foundation. The address is listed at the end of my biosketch posted on this site.

Stay well, pumped-up guy.

make your mind up!!
Thank you for the replying - Tanzania