Light through a dark tunnel

Hello, I just wanted to let this forum know that I've recently received the results from my six month HIV test and it was negative (YES!). Before the final confirmation ,I was, to put it mildly, a wreck. I now know that, contrary to what I thought, I do not handle crisis/stressful situations very well; spending hours on end at the computer self-diagnosing, spontaneously weeping at work. I even tracked down someone who I thought may have infected me who lives thousands of miles away. But now I'm dealing with the embarrassment of my manic behaviour, which admittedly is better than having to deal with actually being infected, no one has yet died of embarrassment. P.S. it does seem that it is possible to develop mumps, as an adult, even after having been vaccinated. Parotitis does not mean that you necessarily have HIV as I was lead to believe, it can be from a number of different viruses. The same goes for peripheral neuropathy. Though frightening, symptoms can occur for a variety of reasons and from various causes, stress being one of them. Doctors are not all-knowing gods, they are people who've spent a lot of time in school and have some clinical experience, they can be wrong. Thanks for everything. Thanks for being there.

Yes, its a good thing embarrassment is not a fatal condition. None of us would survive past puberty!

Congratulations and WOO-HOO! Stay well, and thank you for sharing your story!

Female living in hell every minute of every day!
Help Dr. Bob! WHY WON'T THEY TEST ME??