MERCY...............NEEDLESTICK INJURY"NOW WHAT"

HI

I TESTED FOR HIV FROM A LAB, THE TEST WAS NEGATIVE,BUT I THOUGHT THE NEEDLE WAS USED ONE.BUT THE DOC TOOK A NEW SYRINGE INFRONT OF MY EYES ALTHOUGH I DID NOT SEE HIM ATTACHING THE NEEDLE TO THE SYRINGE,THE CAP WAS THERE ON THE NEEDLE???????????????????? NOW WHAT

HIV is not transmitted to patients in healthcare settings (unless you were having unprotected sex with your doctor). There is no evidence that people get infected when giving blood, since labs are required to follow appropriate infection control protocol.

You only need to be concerned about your risk for infection if you are having unprotected sex with someone at risk or are sharing needles for drug use.

RMK

Does Kissing and touching spread STD?
hiv tests and claritin/sudafed, who needs the show are you hot when there is you