Thanks for the Responce!! Donation!!

Dr. Bob,

Thanks so much for your responce to my question (see below). Unfortunately, anxiety takes over after doing something so stupid (see below). I hope hearing the same answer from an expert like yourself helps me get over the anxiety hump. As far as your other advise, (see below) I agree. I did much of my testing at an HIV specialists office and I watched the daily pain that many of the HIV+ people go through on a daily basis (I also have an HIV+ friend). I would like to make a contribution to your Charity..can you re-post this so I can get the address. Thanks again for dealing with selfish worriers like myself when in fact there are others that need your time more than us.

Regards!!

Dr. Bob,

Thanks for all of your support to my fellow worriers..but how about a response to me??

I had unprotected oral, anal vaginal heterosexual sex with a female- unkown status..I of course have had every symptom known to man..mouth sores,aches pains,low body temp, insomnia etc..I tested negative at 3, 9, 14,19 weeks elisa test and less than 50 copies on viral load test at 3 and 5 weeks. Can I Whoo Hoo or do I need to Boo Hoo and get re-tested at 6 months.

Thanks for your advise.

Hello Worrier,

You and your fellow worriers are most welcome.

Why havent I given you your own specific response? Well, if you had checked the archives, you would have found exactly a gazillion and one questions exactly like yours. (Once I post yours, there will be a gazillion and two!) The story is always the same: Unprotected sex with a person of unknown HIV serostatus followed by "every symptom known to man" and a slew of negative HIV tests. My reply to these queries has not changed. Such situations require a single HIV antibody test taken 3 months after the potential exposure. If thats negative, it is considered conclusive. Your test at 14 weeks was enough to absolutely determine you are HIV negative. Tests taken before 3 months are not considered conclusive. (That would include your 3- and 9-week tests.) Additional tests after having a negative result at 3 months are not necessary. (That would be your 19-week test.) Your 2 viral load tests just reconfirm your negative status. So now with that information, do you really need me to tell you whether you should BOO-HOO or WOO-HOO?

There now, see how logical that is? Start WOO-HOOing. I might just add a comment about your claim to having "every symptom known to man . . . mouth sores, aches, pains, low body temp, and insomnia." I would suggest you spend some time volunteering at an AIDS hospice to really appreciate what "every symptom known to man" really comprises. I think it might be time well spent. You could read to someone whos gone blind from CMV or help comfort someone dying from an AIDS-related malignancy. You may be impressed how these folks cope with "every symptom known to man" with grace and dignity.

Stay well.

Thanks for writing back. Im glad you found the advice comforting. I also hope you are enjoying a good hearty WOO-HOO!

The Foundation address can be found at the end of my biosketch listed on this website. Here it is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Many thanks. Your one gift will touch many lives! Stay well.

re: 100 oral - lots of misinformation
KS during ARS?