Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP DO YOU HATE ME?
Apr 29, 2003

Dear Dr. Bob I live in Bexar county (San Antonio,Texas) and my school nurse told me that only 6 people have AIDS in Bexar county, when I heard this I was skeptical. What made me even more skeptical was that she said that there were no HIV positive people at my school, I know that they didn't go around testing people so I when I asked my nurse this question below she told me I had nothing to worry about, but I don't belive her.

Well I was at school in gym class and my friend slaped me and he might of poked me in the eye. Then I saw his hands, and by his thumb he had a cut(it looked as if the blood was drying and some had already dried)(he likes to bite his nails to the point they bleed)and I am worried that he might of poked me in the eye. Then I tapped my eye gentely (regretful now that I did that now, might of made microscopic abrasions in my eye). Then five mins. later I rinsed my eye out. I was wondering if his saliva could of killed some of the viurs or if the virus was already dead, or if he even hit me in the eye at all,and I am Oriental so my eyes are a bit smaller.(^_^)So should I go get tested?

Then a few weeks later I had a flu and these pimple things(almost like insect bites) growing along armpit( I was thinking they were oily armpit hairs that made pimples since I am going through "puberty"), then a few months later I burned myself by playing with fire...then a blister formed and then it popped, it didnt look like it was bleeding but it was like pinkish and stung . Then a few days after it popped my mom touched it(it might of still been wet or bloody or something, even thought I am pretty sure that there is no blood) or the area around it I am not sure, so I grabed her by the arm and told her to wash her hand. She rinsed it(without soap) but then splashed it at me and thought I was joking about her washing her hand then she rubbed her eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I have AIDS from being poked in the eye I don't want to give to to my mom, so I am worried PLEASE HELP

I am only 13 and I fear for the worst.I can't sleep at night.Thank you so much if you respond and even if you don't thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Do I hate you? Whatever gave you that idea? You seem to have a very active imagination for a variety of unlikely scenarios.

You are not at any risk for HIV disease. Discuss your worries with your Mom. She should be able to help calm your fears and even have you talk to the doctor about your concerns if necessary. Hope that helps.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Warts on penis and HIV: Done much research & still VERY confused!
Next
Leaky Raincoat

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.