last chance

First I would like to compliment you on your forum and I think it is absolutely marvelous that you take the time to answer peoples questions with such sensativity, optimism, and profesionalism. I am a 27 year old male and a veteran with the anxiety concerning HIV. I had PROTECTED sex with a female (we talked about our sex lives and she comforted me that she was d/f) approximately 2.5 weeks ago and not but 5 days later I came down with what I believed a sinus infection (nasal drip, sneezing, cough, no fever). Now, 2 weeks later I feel some sensativity with the lymph nodes in my neck. I am not sure if is stress related or not, but me getting sick just boosted my anxiety level right through the roof. It seems the more I read about ARS, the more assured I feel that I did contract HIV. I am a responsible male and made sure that I did use the condom effectively and quickly showered and urinated right after intercourse. Finally, one of the reasons that I am so concerned, is that I have a steady girlfriend in which we do not use condoms and I do not want to be responsible for effecting her if I do have HIV. I appreciate you taking the time to read my question and look forward to hearing from you .

"Protected" sex is called protected, because it protects you from getting HIV! Why all the worry? Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of HIV seroconversion. Stop reading about ARS, as you cannot possibly have it if the latex condom was used properly. HIV cannot pass through latex. You are absolutely fine. Stay safe and youll stay that way! Dont become a cybercondriac!

Other STD's Please help!
My baby boy