HIV and Inhibition of Antigen Presentation

Dear Doctor, Please dont ignore this. This is regarding your response that antidepressants have no immunosupressive affects. I understand that the usage of antidepressants results in an increased amout of interleukien 10 (IL 10 ) in the body.

http://www.cfs.inform.dk/Inflammation/maes.et.al.99.txt

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/438509

And IL 10 downregulates antiviral responses by inhibiting ANTIGEN Presentation (MHC Class II ). T cells stimulates B cells to produce antibodies when it is presented with the anigens by Antigen Presenting Cells. How does the body produce antibodies when the antigen presentation is inhibited by the increase in amount of IL 10 ?.Pls answer my concern

Yes, some medications can have effects on interleukins, but this amount of down regulation of antigen presentation is quite minimal and will not affect HIV antibody tests. The immune system is much, much more complicated than you would ever imagine. If certain medications wiped out antibody production to certain pathogens then everyone on those meds would be much more susceptible to those certain pathogens and get sick with those diseases. That is not the case with antidepressants and their effect on interleukins. Youll have to trust me on this one. OK?

Boo-boo in Barcelona
Reply To: Poor judgment - ultimate price?