Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

NON SUICIDAL_SERIOUS
Apr 28, 2003

THANK YOU DR. BOB FOR GIVING ME HOPE, I WAS THE ONE WHO HAD A CRUISING EPISODE WITH UNPROTECTED SEX GROUP INSERTIVER ORAL AND FINGER UP THE BUTT. ANYWAYS...LOL. I FEEL A LOT BETTER AFTER HEQARING UR RESPONSE AND IN THE LAST WEEK I HAVE SPOKEN TO COUNSELORS REGARDING MY SELF ESTEEM AND YADA YADA. I THINK ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS CAUSED BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM HOME SINCE SEPTEMBER AND I REALLY HAVE BEEN LONLEY HERE. IT SEEMED LIKE THE ONLY WAY TO MEET PEOPLE WAS THROUGH SEX. ANYWAYS. I AM NOW A LOT FEELING BETTER AND NON SUICIDAL AT ALL. I WILL LET U KNOW MY RESULTS IN A FEW MONTHS. I HAVE TO BUILD UP THE COURAGE TO ACTUALLY GO AND GET TESTED.

HOW LONG DOES AIDS LIVE ON A FINGER? aND DOES DRINKING ALCOHOL BEFORE PERFORMING ORAL SEX REDUCE THE RISK OF HIV CONTRATION FOR THE RECEPTIVE PARTNER? OR ARE THESE MYTHS?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your welcome! Im delighted youre getting the help you need and feeling better. HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body. I cant give the exact number of nanoseconds! No, alcohol does not reduce the risk of HIV before oral sex. Thats a myth. Courage to get tested? Continue to talk to your counselor or therapist. You are going to feel so damn good when you get that negative test that you should be counting the days until you can get the test. Youll have the courage. I know you will. And Im going to be waiting for your WOO-HOO! Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you for your reply
Next
very confused & depressed young man

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.