HIV passage easier due to current sickness at the time of exposure?!?

Hello Dr. Bob I was wondering if having a sickness, such a broncitis, during sexual exposure (vaginal sex) would effect the liklihood and easiness of the HIV virus intering my body. you see I was suffering from broncitis, which almost made me not be able to speak for the time being and had just got medicine for it that day, while i was having sex with a prostitute whom i think has HIV. If she did indeed have HIV would my sickness, or any other virus, effect the liklihood of getting HIV from her? I figured that since my immune system was already occupied with one sickenss i may have made it easier for HIV to enter my body; if that makes sense.

If you would reply to this post I would be so gratefull. I indeed are one of the worried-wells. Too worried in fact. I am an 18 year old who now worries about dying in apx. 10 years leaving no future for a wife and a family. I just hope i luck out this time

I am paranoid and I thank you DEARLY for your help you are one person I would like the liberty to meet. I will make donations to your foundation later in this year.

You were suffering bronchitis so severe you could hardly speak; yet you were shagging a prostitute??? Thats not exactly what the doctor meant when he prescribed you medication and told you to "go to bed".

Will your bronchitis make it easier for you to contract HIV? No. The immune system does not work that way. Certainly, there are diseases that can increase the likelihood of HIV transmission, such as active syphilis or other ulcerative diseases. This is not due to the immune system being occupied, but rather due to the ulcers allowing HIV a portal of entry into the body.

If you used a latex condom properly and followed the safer sex guidelines, you should be fine. Stay well.

Can I ask about your exposure?
"'chafed' Mr. Happy" and HIV