I don't care any more I think this Forum is not meant to help people from Africa. All the best I won't bother you again.

This is the 4th time I am asking this question. But also it is about a 15th time I am posting a question on this forum. I have never obtained a reply. At all times I usually try to exaust any available previously answered question that could possibly be similar to my situation in question. Its only when I do not find adequate similarities that I post a question here. But still I never receive a reply. I am beginning to wonder whether my question ever reaches you. Is there something wrong with internet connection here in Tanzania? I am really confused and I wonder whether the Forum is only for people in Europe and Asia and not meant to serve people like me. If that is the case let me know and I will not bother you guys again. My situation is as described below.

We were shifting some glass panels from one room to another. One guy was placing this at the door outside the first room, and I was taking them from there to a second room. During the process I came to notice that the sharp edge of the glass had caused a cut on my wrist.

I tried to suck from the wound about 2 or three minutes after the injury and ran to the washroom and spat, then I washed the wound with water (there was no soap nearby)

So I started reasoning that because I had cut myself, it is possible that the guy who was placing the glasses at the door may have cut himself also and some of his blood may have been left at the glass that cut me subsequently.

If he is HIV - positive can I get infected this way? I am so frustrated by the fact that I had been tested (and found negative) only about two weeks ago (and it was more 4 months after a possible exposure in November 2002.)

Now I have to go through another terrible 3 month window period to get tested in July. I do not know whether I can go through this again.

Kindly inform me of chances of infection in this event.

Anyway as I said if this Forum is meant for the other more superior guys I won't bother you again. Anyway I think it was a mistake to expect anyone to care about my troubles. I will just have to plod along in this miserable world - all by myself - there is no one to turn to. At times like this I wish I was never borne. Life is so so miserable.

Hello Tanzania,

If you really had read through the archives, you would certainly have realized that this forum does not discriminate against anyone, and that includes those from Tanzania as well as those from the planet Mars.

Your situation is full of so many "what ifs" that I was hoping from reading other farfetched scenarios, you would have realized your chances of contracting HIV would also be essentially nonexistent.

So you cut your wrist. Now "what if" the other guy had cut himself on exactly the same sharp edge and "what if "he was HIV-positive and "what if" some of his HIV-positive blood got onto your cut? Do you really think this is at all plausible? I dont. Besides, HIV does not live very long outside the body. So what are the chances of all these "what ifs" occurring? Id say your chances of contracting HIV this way are nonexistent. HIV is not your problem. However, I really do think you have some self-esteem issues that need some attention. Just reread your question: ". . . more superior guys? . . . . it was a mistake to expect anyone to care about my troubles . . . . I will just have to plod along in this miserable world all by myself . . . . there is no one to turn to . . . . I wish I were never born . . . . Life is so so miserable . . . . " It sounds like you are having your own self pity party over there. Many of us who are actually living with this virus and its challenges on a daily basis may find that attitude a bit hard to understand. If possible, consider seeing a therapist or counselor for an attitude adjustment!

Youre healthy. Further HIV testing related to this incident is not warranted. Yell WOO-HOO and put a smile on. Dont wish away one moment of this wonderful existence we call life. If you cannot see or appreciate the marvels life has to offer you, do seek the help of a therapist. Theres a world of happiness out there waiting for you. Feel better, OK?

Ultimate Respect to Dr Bob
In reference to get tested