|drinking from the same glass
Apr 26, 2003
Just wondering if you can gets aids from drinking out of the same glass as some one with aids has drank from?? You offer a wonderful service thanks for easing my mind and heart.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
The short answer is "no."
The long answer is "of course not, silly!" If that were the case, HIV would have wiped out everyone on the planet years ago. You can only catch HIV by:
1. Unprotected sex. 2. Sharing IV needles with someone who is HIV-positive 3. Getting a blood transfusion with HIV-tainted blood
The virus can also be transmitted from HIV-infected mother to child via childbirth or breast-feeding.
You cannot get it from casual contact, doorknobs, toilet seats, mosquitoes, or lap dances. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Aids From Drinking After Someone?
- Blood In Drinking Glasses Is It An Exposure To Hiv
- Can You Get Hiv From Taking A Drink From Someone's Glass?
- Can I Get Hiv By Drinking Out Of The Same Glass As An Infected Person?
- What Will Happen If I Don't Treat Shingles?
- On What Areas Of The Body Can A Herpes Sore Show Up
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.