Ryan Kull for President
Apr 25, 2003
I received oral sex from an old girlfriend without a condom. I then had sex with her (without a condom) and she was on her period at the time. I do not know anything about her sexual behavior in the past 4 years, am I at greater risk for HIV or an STD because she was menstrating? Thanks so much, I'm very scared.
Response from Mr. Kull
HIV is not known to be transmitted through insertive oral sex. Exposure to blood does increase your risk for infection, but that is only true if your partner is in fact infected with HIV. This also applies to sexually transmitted infections that are transmitted through genital contact or contact with blood. If you are concerned about your status, get tested three or more months after your exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- Bilirubin And ALT Elevated With Tired, Weakness, Fever
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.