could i have a symptom of hiv?

I have had unprotected sex with a boyfriend before and I no problems because we were in a serious relationship. About a month ago I had unprotected oral sex. A week later I had a sore throat. But my father I had sore throat and cough at that same time. Today my throat does not fell so sore but feels swollen. My glands are not swollen but it is hard to swallow. When I look at my throat it looks really red and it is dry sometimes. Could this but a sign of hiv or any std's or just a throat infection??

Please help!!

People get sore throats all of the time, and the vast majority are not related to HIV infection! Trying to determine your HIV status based on symptoms you are experiencing is unwise, anxiety provoking, and unreliable. Recent HIV infection (acute HIV infection, acute retroviral syndrome) should only be considered if ALL of the following are true:

1) You had unprotected vaginal or anal sex (inserting or receiving a penis without a condom) within the past three months.

2) Your partner was known to be HIV infected, or is a person who is in a "high-risk" category (a man who has sex with men, an injection drug user, or a person who has sexual contact with others in an area of high HIV incidence or prevalence, like sub-Saharan Africa).

3) Your symptoms are indicative of acute HIV infection (febrile illness, sometimes compared to flu or mono). The specific symptoms can vary from person to person, but acute infection most often manifests in this "flu-like" manner.

If all of the above are true for you, see a doctor to have your symptoms evaluated. If all of the above are not true, you should still have your symptoms evaluated by a doctor, but it is not likely that they are related to HIV infection.

RMK

hepatitis from oral sex
Ryan Kull for President