Apr 25, 2003
I understand the incubation for Chlamydia could be anywhere from 2 days to 4 weeks. My question is, after receiving Chlamydia, how long would it take to show up in a swab test? Thanks.
Response from Mr. Kull
I'm not familiar with the window period associated to chalmydia testing (I've read two weeks, but this might not apply to all types of screening tests). If you have questions about the accuracy of your screening tests, talk with the provider who is testing you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If My Herpes Culture Came Back Negative?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Can Herpes Be Mistaken For?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Percentage Of Teens With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.