I am embarrassed

First time reading you guys..quite good. I am a 47 year old male who after many years of marraige, and only one partner, made the inexcusable mistake of falling for the allure of a pretty female escort while out of town. I had unprotected oral sex moving on to protected vaginal sex with no ejaculation, and had her finish me by hand. Kind of a stupid smorgasboard!! Do I need to test or are my risk factors such that I need not worry. I can tell you next time I get the urge, I will go out and slam it in the car door!!

Slam it in the car door?!?! Ouch, ouch, ouch! Just for getting the urge??? And just how are you going to explain that injury to the emergency room doctor? OK, lets just hope you never will have to!

Your risk of acquiring HIV from this exposure is exceedingly low. Recent studies have shown that the risk of contracting HIV from oral sex is much less than previously feared. The risk for the insertive partner is even less than for the receptive one. Latex condom-protected vaginal sex is considered safe, as are hand jobs. So do you need to test? That decision is still yours. A theoretical risk always remains, but the statistical odds of your being infected are nearly nonexistent. If you do test, wait for 3 months. Perhaps the most important thing I can tell you about your health is to never, ever, ever slam it in a car door. (Im still getting unpleasant visual images.) Stay well.

HIV+, what to expect from the future
continuing anxiety