|HIV infection due to acne
Apr 23, 2003
I am a man who has acne on his face, back and chest. My acne is not "severe" but if I dry myself after a shower with a white towel I will sometimes see traces of blood or pus on the towel. My question is as follows. Can i become infected if an HIV +ve woman with vaginal secretions on her fingers touches my acne?
Thanks in anticipation
| Response from Mr. Kull
I'm not aware of any information that points to acne as a route for transmission. Remember that HIV is only known to be sexually transmitted during vaginal and anal sex, and less frequently through oral sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Other Causes Of Trichomoniasis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.