Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Too much worried??
Apr 23, 2003

Hi Mr. Kull, now i write the fifth time and i hope u will answer my question. For 7 weeks i visit a sex worker and i had oral sex. I got a blowjob and i licked her for appr. 10 sec., i did not penetrate. Now i get crazy im soooo afraid of having hiv now. At the end of the sith week i got a cold ( i think mild, no fever, but a sore throut) I have read that the sympthoms are mostly at the 2-4 weeks after..is this right? Should i get tested or how high was my risk? in Germany here a lot of people have at this time a cold...but i dont know if my cold is addicted to hiv or means a akute hiv infection that someone gets really own with fever and all the thins which belonhs to a flu. Pls help me Mr. Kull i cant live with this feeling i get crazy i was soooo stupid ! Moreover i read there are just few cases of infection through cunnilingus - how is it happen - with blood contact or only vaginal secret ? Pls answer me! you really could help me Thx a lot to u and ur fantastic work in this forum

Response from Mr. Kull

There is no evidence that people get infected through receiving (insertive) oral sex (according to the CDC). This is primarily true because HIV is not known to be transmitted through saliva.

The risk for tranmission through performing oral sex (receptive) is very low. The CDC has only documented a few cases of transmission through cunnilingus; there seems to be more risk associated with fellatio, but again, these numbers are very small. Transmission through oral sex is just not efficient, especially in comparison to vaginal and anal sex.

RMK

Previous
RMK PLZZZZZ
Next
HIV infection due to acne

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.