Scared - spot on face

Hi Ryan, I am desperate. I was potentially exposed 11 months ago in Thailand. I took a lot of antibiotics afterwards worried about STDs. I have tested negative on P24 and Elisa at 10 months. My problem is that I have swolen lymph nodes, peripheral neuropathy, a very itchy chest and a small raised purple spot on my face that does not hurt or change when pushed. I do not have a fever. The spot just appeared, but the rest of the symptoms have been around a while. Doctors are in wait and see mode. The doctor saw white spots in my mouth and put me on diflucan a couple of weeks ago. I am unclear on what action to take. I hope this is all in my head, but the symptoms concern me. I hope I am just another worried well. I could really use some sleep and would greatly appreciate advice. Thanks

First, I don't know what kind of exposure you had. That would greatly influence your assessment for HIV infection. You should only be concerned about your risk for infection if you had unprotected vaginal or anal sex, or shared needles for injection drug use.

Second, if it has been 11 months since your exposure, why don't you get an HIV antibody test? Testing after three months will give you a definitive answer to your questions about your status, and put all of this anxiety to rest.

RMK

Testing question from UAE
RMK PLZZZZZ