The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Chlamydia Question

Apr 21, 2003

Ryan, I have read a ton of past posts on Chlamydia and I have a question regarding the discharge. Does this puss like discharge occur when urinating? Does it occur instead of ejaculating? Does it occur at random times? By the way I am male.

I have read where a person can have Chlamydia and not know it. I would like to be tested but I can't find anywhere that will do it Anonymously. Any suggestions like a at home test kit, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Kull

About half of the men infected with chlamydia do not experience symptoms. If a man does, he might experience a watery or pus-like discharge (possible around the time of urination), burning upon urination, the feeling of needing to urinate more frequently, and burning or itching around the tip of the penis.

Don't confuse pre-ejaculate with discharge. Pre-ejaculate is the small of amount of fluid that emits from the tip of the penis during sexual arousal. It also might be present upon waking (men get erections during sleep that can produce pre-ejaculate). Pre-ejaculate is not associated to STIs.

I'm not aware of options for home or anonymous testing. If you think you have an STI, please see your doctor or go to a public clinic for appropriate screening. Even though I understand the desire for it, anonymous testing is not necessary.


Hepatitus C or Other STD's Through Foot Worship
Testing question from UAE

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint