DR BOB FOR PRESIDENT!

Doc Bob, You are the best thing to happen to the internet since free porn. I am kidding of course, you are truely a god send for all of us that love to spend our time overreacting to false symptoms. You have helped me get over some of my irrational fears, the rest of them I suppose I will need more one on one time with someone locally. I had unproteced vaginal intercourse with someone of unknown status. I tested negative with a PCR at 1 month and thought I was good to go, then I read where the CDC says that a PCR test just isn't good enough. So for nearly 7 weeks I lived in constant fear that I ruined my life. I got a soar throat that lasted nearly 4 weeks and a full blown cold that lasted a week. I tested with an ELISA test at about 5 days shy of the 12 week mark, guess what...negative! I felt great again for about a week then I realized that the CDC says that 3-months is the mark that you need, not only was I short of the 12 week period but if the CDC considers 3-months as 90 days instead of 12 weeks then I may still be infected. I know this is probably crazy and I know I am overanalizing the situation but what are your thoughts on it, can I chill out and get back to being my "old self, with protection of course" or should I really be worried that my two tests are giving me a false negative. Thanks again Doc Bob for everything you do here. You are really are a fantastic gift to us all!

Best thing since free porn on the Internet? Gosh, I thought I had collected up all those old photos of me in the buff and gotten them off the information superhighway. Dont tell me they are still floating around in cyberspace. And "free," no less? Oh well . . . .

So you tend to be a bit "premature" with things eh? . . . You know, Speedy, we have medications for problems like that. OK Ill get serious; your risk of HIV infection from a single episode of unprotected vaginal insertive sex is very low. Your negative, albeit premature, PCR is very encouraging, as is your negative, again albeit slightly premature, ELISA. Add all this together very low risk and a negative ELISA at "nearly" 12 weeks plus a negative PCR at 1 month and Id say you have very, very, very little to worry about. Certainly, dont worry about 12 weeks vs. 90 days. The immune system really cant count days all that closely. Can you "chill out?" Sure! If you want one final (non-premature, 3-month or greater) ELISA test, go ahead and get it. And remember your "condom sense" next time you go out to play Premature Pete.

Stay well.

Get Tested!
What does a girl have to do??