3 weeks straight getting headaches
Apr 16, 2003
I can't seem to find anything in the archives that match my question. So I am hoping you take a minute to answer this for me.
After a recent exposure (low risk), I came down with a few symptoms. Mainly dropped a little weight, came down with a cold 3 weeks after exposure with a slight headache.
Here's my question, It's now 7 weeks past exposure but for the past 3 weeks and although I feel fine I can't seem to shake the headaches. I have it with me 5 minutes after I wake up in the morning and they come and go through out the day. A total of maybe 3 or 4 headaches a day. Can this be considered early symptoms of infection ?
Please advise !!!!!!!
Response from Mr. Kull
You exposure is low-risk (I don't know exactly how low, but based on what you say). That means that it is highly unlikely that your symptoms are associated to HIV infection. Recent HIV infection (acute HIV infection, acute retroviral syndrome) should only be considered if ALL of the following are true:
1) You had unprotected vaginal or anal sex (inserting or receiving a penis without a condom) within the past three months.
2) Your partner was known to be HIV infected, or is a person who is in a "high-risk" category (a man who has sex with men, an injection drug user, or a person who has sexual contact with others in an area of high HIV incidence or prevalence, like sub-Saharan Africa).
3) Your symptoms are indicative of acute HIV infection (febrile illness, sometimes compared to flu or mono). The specific symptoms can vary from person to person, but acute infection most often manifests in this "flu-like" manner.
If all of the above are true for you, see a doctor to have your symptoms evaluated. If all of the above are not true, you should still have your headaches evaluated by a doctor, but it is not likely that they are related to HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.