Apr 16, 2003
Dear sir I had protected sex with a girl who i had been seeing for few months, after having sex i realised there was fluid at the base of the condom. i did not feel my self release ,is it possible that her fluid could have leaked inside the condom.if so am i at risk from hiv transmission .ps i did not see any VISIBLE holes or cuts in the condom.
Response from Mr. Kull
If the condom is latex, is used throughout sex, and does not tear, break, or slip-off, it is practically 100% reliable in preventing HIV transmission. There is little reason to be concerned about fluids leaking into the condom if there are no breaks or tears.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis C And Rectal Bleeding
- Health Insurance For Hiv Patients
- How Long Does Diarrhea Last In The Beginning Stage Of Hiv?
- Highest Hiv Population In Usa
- How Often Should I Get A Hep A Shot?
- Can You Get Hiv If U Wear A Condom? http://www.thebody.com/h/can-you-get-genital-warts-in-your-mouth.html" onclick="if(!this.href.match(/\?/))this.href+='?ic=1105'">Can You Get Genital Warts In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.