Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RMK Plzzz Help Me!!!
Apr 8, 2003

Wazzzz up RMK: Ok here is the deal, I got tested for HIV exactly 1 year ago..Since then I have not had sexual intercourse but I have had some other risk exposures received a couple of BJ's from some ladies, fingered a few ladies both in vagina and anus got a handjob from those same ladies and performed very light cunnilingus on 2 other ladies just stimulated clitoris very briefly...and have done my fair share of french kissing so thats my shopping list...Now I thought I was playing it safe but I was told by some Med school friends of mine that I was at risk for HIV which seem to contradict all that I've read about the disease...are they right or should they stop partying and stay awake in class...My anxiety sems to be getting worse each day...Help me out RMK...

Response from Mr. Kull

This is the deal. HIV is only known to be sexually transmitted through anal and vaginal sex, and less frequently to the person performing oral sex on an HIV infected person (getting a vaginal fluids, semen, or blood in your mouth poses a risk, though not nearly as great as unprotected vaginal or anal sex). There is no evidence that people get infected through kissing, getting blow jobs, or fingering.

Staying awake in class has really paid off for you.

RMK

Previous
nipple sucking
Next
Oral sex and Rimming

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.