Clinic doctor doesn't agree, says I likely have HIV!!!!

Please help me out!

I recently (two weeks ago)had a low risk exposure, that accorinding to all the things I've read on THE BODY, made me think that I didn't even have to get tested for. But I was feeling a little wierd (pain under one armpit, got a sore on one of my lips, been feeling a burning in my lungs, and have had a sore throat for awhile), so I decide to get a check up to clear my head.

I do not have insurance so I went to the free clinic down the street where my job sends us if we get hurt.

Before the doctor saw me he asked me why I came to see him. I told him, that I'm sure it was nothing, that I just wanted reassurance that everything was in my head. When he asked me what IT was, I told him that I had received a hand job by a prostitute that right before she "jacked" me off that she had briefly spread her vaginal lips with the same hand that jacked me off.

The doctor immeidately got serious. I took off my clothes and he did some examining and then he tells me that he's got bad news. He told me that since I am not circumsized and I have vaginal warts around the head of my penis, that it is more than likely that I have been infected with HIV! I immediately told him I had read that unless you have unprotected sex or needle sharing that HIV shouldn't be a conceren AND that in the 20 years that CDC has been seeing HIV that they have NEVER seen a case in which a man got it like this. He told me (1) I souldn't believe what I read on the internet, (2) that my case was different because the vanerial warts around the head of my penis sucked in HIV really easily and (3) that even the slightest exposure to infected vagina jucies would be absored into my foreskin and warts.

He then asked me about any other sex I've had recently and I told him about my wife. He then said I probalby have given her HIV also!

Now I fear that I have passed HIV on to my wife. My wife is the best person ever she is an angel. I can not bear to think that I probably have infected her. I didn't want to tell her anything because I was ashamed of what I did and I've never done anything like this (I was buzzed) and besides, I THOUGHT I was beeing safe. Now I will probably have to tell her that I have killed her.

++++++++PLEASE+++++++++++++++

Can you tell me why the doctor said these things to me? If what he said was true, how come I haven't read anything about it on your site? I am soooooo crazy right now. My poor wife. Her poor parents. I just want to go home and kill myself. PLEASE help me, I don't have enough money to go see another doctor, you are the only person I can talk to.. I know you must have hundreds of questions, but can you please please please answere this. I am really despirate. I don't know where else to turn. Please PLease PLease PLease answere me.

God bless you and thank you......

I'm not a doctor, and I'm not certain why your doctor was so convinced that you have HIV. As you noted, there is no evidence that people get infected through receiving a handjob (warts or no warts), so there is little reason for concern. The CDC hasn't documented a case of transmission this way. Get tested at three months if you continue to be concerned about infection; otherwise, don't sweat it.

RMK

No Question :)
Risky Sex