Possible Genital Warts Exposure...PLEASE HELP!

Ryan,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to this question. I have followed your advice on this site before and find your words very encouraging for safe sex practices.

I just recently got back together with my x boyfriend. Although we spoke about our sex escapades while on the break up...he swore that he was safe with his two partners since me.

I was about to penetrate him without a condom and had inserted when I took it out and noticed a genital wart inside his anus.

My question is this...Since I noticed the genital wart and may have only had contact with it for no more than a minute (upon first inserting) and then washed my genitals like a minute or so afterwards, is that enough time to be exposed to the virus? Does soap and water help kill the viral transmission?

Does tranmission occur that quickly? Would there have to be more time involved with skin to infected skin to get the virus? I realize that incubation could be within a month or 6 and so I have been worried.

Can I get a PCR test?

I have accepted the risk that I may be exposed to the virus, yet can not find any literature that helps answer my questions.

Can you shed some light on my nervousness?

How do you know that you saw a genital wart? People can have all sorts of bumps and such in their genital region that are not related to sexually transmitted infections. Have you talked with him about this? Maybe it has always been there and you're noticing it for the first time. It could be nothing to worry about. Unless you are an expert in STD diagnosis, try to avoid playing doctor.

If your partner did have an active HPV lesion, it's possible that you are at risk for infection with HPV if your penis came into contact with the wart. Washing afterwards probably doesn't make a difference. If you experience anything in the future that looks like a wart, see a doctor and have it treated if necessary. Otherwise, don't stress yourself out about this.

You mentioned that you were having unprotected anal sex with your partner. Using condoms not only protects you against HIV infection, but also against exposure to other sexually transmitted infections. When partners get back together after a break-up, it's tempting to go back to the same old ways of having sex. But, as your experience shows, it might be a good idea to use protection again until you guys are more sure about where things stand.

RMK

7th request. PLEASE! Hopeless in Asia
Did I infect my 6 year old son??