HIV Rash--PLEASE help...

I am hoping you will be able to answer my question. What are the characteristics of an HIV related rash? I have a quarter sized red area with red raised bumps on my lower stomach. It is not anywhere else on my body and it just itches rarely. It sometimes goes pink and then red. I feel fine otherwise. I am not HIV + as far as I know. I have always had safe and protected vaginal ( I am the male) sex and never without a new latex condom for about the last 15 years. The last time I had sex was in late January.

Can you please help??

Thank you!!

Can you please please help? My own doctor can't see me for 4 weeks ( I HATE HMO's)

Many Thanks.

PhillyGuy

Hey Philly Guy,

Can I help you? Sure. Now what was the problem? Oh yeah, you havent had sex since January. OK, well yes, that is indeed a problem. What kind of action are you looking for sailor? Oh sorry, I must have misread your intentions.

First off, if indeed you have always had latex-condom-protected safe sex, you have absolutely no worries as far as HIV is concerned.

Second, the HIV rash is more generalized and not at all like what you describe. The small red bumpy area on your belly is not HIV-related. It may be a small patch of eczema or a topical fungal infection. At any rate, it certainly does not sound worrisome at all.

Gosh, you got an appointment with your HMO doctor in just 4 weeks? WOW! Who says HMOs dont offer the highest quality care???

Take care. Continue to play safe and youll stay well. I strongly recommend staying well if youre going to have an HMO health plan!

TRULY APPRECIATED!
Please help me dr. Bob