Both Of Us Were Bleeding

Hi Ryan,

I had a terrible experience on a basketball match. My palm was deeply cut by another guy's fingernail. It was very deep and blood came out soon. His fingernail was also broken and I saw considerable blood on the wound. I learn from this site that HIV can be transmited in blood to blood contact. I need your expertise to confirm this. Do you consider this as a blood to blood contact? His fingernail cut my palm in a very short time, I guess. Is this possible that we did not have actual blood to blood contact in this short time (our blood takes a bit longer to come out)?????

This is very important for me and I do hope you can spend some time answering my question!!!!

Thanks a million.

Ouch. Well, I unfortunately can't tell you what happened; it sounds like you might have been exposed to his blood, but you don't know one way or the other. In the absence of actual evidence or proof of exposure (you know that had blood-to-blood contact with a person who was known to be HIV infected or at significant risk), you should not be concerning yourself with HIV infection.

According to the CDC, there is no evidence that HIV is transmitted through activity in contact sports.

RMK

Could really use your advice!!!! Please!!!
Semen inside condom